We are in that era, where hiring remote employees is no more a secret. Hiring Remote Employees will benefit your organization by having the skillset which is not available in your proximity. There were times when having work from home/ working remotely was a perk for the employees. But, now the time has changed, having the work from home/ working remotely is no more a perk, it has become a necessity for the employees.
Hiring the right employee with the right skillset is always a challenge for the organizations, and when it comes to hiring the remote employees, the challenge will be more serious.
Remote work benefits the employees by having the option to enjoy their work by sitting at their native places. Hiring and Attracting the remote employees has its own set of challenges. Let us find out how we can hire the remote employees with effectiveness.
Attracting Remote Employees
Before hiring an employee, attracting the employee is the initial step. Let us find out how we can attract the employees and hire the right employee.
- Branding of the Employer: The reputation of the employer plays a vital role in attracting the employees and retaining them. When you are hiring in your area, it is easy to attract the employee because the candidate might have heard about your company or he/she might have face to face interaction with you while coming for the interview. This will help in attracting the employee.
But, when you are hiring remotely it is essential that your employer have a good reputation online. When hiring remotely, your employer will be the face of your company. Online Presence will make the trust of the candidate, will illustrate the culture of the organization, and will help the candidates to visualize them as the member of your team.
- Explaining your Way of Working: Virtual Employees regularly make their own timetable, however despite of this they need to realize what are the job duties which they have to perform and what will be their commitments. Clarify the degree of adaptability you offer and, if conceivable, give a brief look into the normal day of a large portion of your employees.
- Have Employee Testimonials: Ask your employees to tell about their experiences in the organization. This will add the trust of the candidates and will help in employee engagement as well.
- Showcase your Values: Every organization wants to work with that employee which has the same temperament, and same applies to the candidates as well. Showcase your values to the virtual candidates that describe the culture of the organization. This will help you to Hire Virtual Employees with ease and will also give a comfort level to the candidate.
- Select the appropriate ways to advertise your postings: Selecting the appropriate way is important while doing the advertisement of your job posting. There are certain portals where you can post such as Linkedin, Monster, Indeed, Glassdoor etc. If you want to recruit candidates in a specific city or country, it might be a good idea to advertise your open roles on local job boards.
Hiring Remote Employees
Before hiring a virtual employee who will be working from a distance, you have to take a gander at their communication abilities, hard working attitude, and management skills. Notwithstanding the abilities they have to finish their activity, these skills will help guarantee a timely deliverable from a responsive virtual employee.
Let us see some of the tips that can be adopted while Hiring Remote Employee .
- Having Clear Expectations from the Ideal Candidate: Write down the qualities and the qualifications you are looking for in a candidate. It will give you a clear picture about the kind of candidate you are looking for.
If you think a candidate should have a certain kind of personality, you can have the personality test from that candidate, this will help you to know more about the personality of the candidate and help you in hiring the right kind of Remote Employee. There are certain remote working skills that the candidate should have these are:
- Good Communication Skills
- Collaboration Skills
- Powerful Organizational Skills
- Self- Discipline
- Inviting the Candidates for a Video Call: Once you have shortlisted the candidates, you can invite those candidates to a video call with a panel of judges. This will allow you to judge their personality and provide you more clarity about the vision of the candidate.
- Put the shortlisted candidates to a Test: When you have shortlisted the candidates, give them a practical test which will allow you to evaluate their technical skills. When you provide the test to the candidate you can allot the time to them and have the results at the allotted time.
- Ask for Referrals: While hiring for the remote employee, you should always ask your current employees for the referrals. Explain them about the qualities and the qualifications you are looking for in a candidate.
These existing employees will also act as advocates of yours, and can refer to their friends who are looking for remote opportunities.
- Have your existing employees meet new teammates virtually: When you Hire a Remote Employee , introduce him/her to the existing team virtually. The existing team members can share about their backgrounds, professional experience and anything fun they want to mention. This will create a good culture and employees will feel engaged. The new Virtual Employee of yours will feel like a part of a team.
While hiring virtual employees, except if an up-and-comer can flourish in a remote workplace, it doesn’t make a difference how gifted or “great” they may be for a job. That is the reason when you hire remote employees, at each progression, use messaging that helps up-and-comers self-choose if they’re thinking about or seeking after an opening for work where they can sparkle. You ought to likewise utilize pre-employment tests and interviews to locate the best matches — candidates who have the stuff to work remotely. These are your best devices in light of the fact that in remote hiring, you don’t have the benefit to meet your candidates face to face.